It is the policy of the Technical Training Group to be fair and equitable in our business practices with our customers. A refund policy will be implemented across board programs but the timeframe will be flexible enough to allow for the length of different programs.
A student must register and pay the required fee(s) for each training program in which they enroll. Fees must be paid by the deadline date or prior to class start.
Welder and Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Program
- Tuition fees are established as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
- A $40 administrative processing fee is charged for withdrawal after registration submission.
- An administrative fee of 15% is charged for registration withdrawal three  weeks prior to the start date of the training program.
- Any outstanding fees, that are unpaid as of the 6th class of the training program, may result in suspension of training.
- A refund of 50% of the Apprentice fee will be issued up to and including the 6th class following the start date of the training program. Following this date, there will be no refund issued.
- A Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (Form T2202A) for income tax purposes will be provided to each eligible student in February following the taxation year.
Short Term, Custom Specific or Youth Programs
- Specific program fees are established by the Core Contractor team.
- An administrative fee of 15% is charged for withdrawals. A refund of 85% will be given if a registrant withdraws within a minimum of 5 business days prior to the first day of class. Following this, fees are non-refundable.
All fees will be refunded within 30 days by cheque if the course is cancelled.